Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Digg It! Stumble Facebook Delicious Technorati Tweet!

Healthy Lifestyle 1: You Are What You Eat, by Michele Cameron Drew

An overview of the cause and effect of an unhealthy lifestyle and what you can do to make the proper lifestyle changes to create a better world and a better you!


Source

Spring vs. Winter


What is it that makes us go out of our way each spring to slim down, tone up, and put on fresh coat of sunshine? We all want to feel good, and be more attractive, so that we look better in those revealing summer clothes. I originally wrote this article for a spring publication, but decided that this time of the year may be even more appropriate because let's face it, this time of year is when nearly all of us put on the most weight. If we start now, during the cold months to slim down, tone up and get ready, we'll be ready for the summer long before it arrives!


Make the Time


In today's busy world, especially during the holidays, who has the time to put in a few hours of aerobics every day? Most of us don't, or are not willing to take the time, even if it is available to us. But there are many things that we can do to help get a flatter tummy, lose some of those thunder thighs, help clear up skin problems, breathe better, have more energy, and get a little sunshine, safely, and in a small amount of time, if we can just get motivated and put aside the time to do it. Proper nutrition and exercise are extremely important. We are learning more and more about foods and combining them. Herbs, minerals and vitamins can be an excellent tool for weight loss, maintenance and revitalization of energy.


Love Thyself


Loving yourself is one of the most important parts of living life. Without self-love there is no way you can truly love another, right? And the body is your temple, a great place to start. Changing is just that. Losing weight and getting in shape have to come from making lifestyle changes that need to last throughout your life.


My Story


My personal diet and exercise regimen helped me to lose over one-hundred pounds through trial and error in 1999-2000. I was at my wits end. I had tried just about every diet product and exercise plan that was known to man. Nothing worked.

Just a little over 8 years ago by the grace of God, I found a popular set of herbal products, and I lost forty-five pounds in two mos. and kept all but ten of those forty-five pounds off for well over a year. I still had another twenty-five pounds to lose in order to reach my goal. I had plateaued. I became discouraged and gave up for awhile.

The end weight is the hardest to take off, but I knew that I would eventually do it. About 15 mos into my plan I got my mindset straight again and I began getting more into diet and exercise. With the help of herbal and nutritional supplements, I was able to take off the ten pounds that I had gained back, plus an additional fifteen pounds in ten weeks. In just five more weeks, I was back to my goal weight(where I was ten years earlier), and in better shape than I had ever been in my entire life. Over the years I have occasionally gained weight again, especially over the winter months but I was able to lose it again fairly quickly by using the same methods as in the past. I've kept most of it off for over 8 years!

These are excellent results that come from empowerment, discipline and a little hard work. Different people may achieve different results, but your own realistic goals are truly achievable, if you can simply commit yourself to attaining them. This may sound difficult, but it's really not that hard. Empowering yourself to do what you need to do to maintain your health is the greatest gift you can give yourself, and those that love you.

Read the rest of the article here.



My Other Articles:

The Mystery of Intimacy (It's Not ALL About Sex)











0 comments:

Post a Comment